broadband Voice ha scritto:
> Does anyone have any compatibilty issues with Dell *PowerEdge^TM   2950 III
> 2-Socket, Quad-Core 2U*? I plan on using this with the Digium T1 cards.
> Thanks.

Consider 2 socket dual core CPU with "more" mhz, Asterisk is more IO
than computation. The quad core CPU is lower in MHZ and all the CPUs
share the same IO.

The architecture design of the XEON board is wrong for really IO
intensive apps, consider stepping up to a AMD arch.

Also the 2950 is a 2U server that use IRQ sharing (WHY?), wrong with
boards like the T1 Digium..

Bye.
begin:vcard
fn:Massimo Nuvoli
n:Nuvoli;Massimo
org:Progetto Archivio SRL
adr:;;Via Giustetto 75;Abbadia Alpina Pinerolo;TO;10060;Italia
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Amministratore Delegato
tel;work:0121303544
tel;fax:0121040601