well, maybe ou're on the wrong list (talkin sendmail in an asterisk list
!!!) you're better in sendmail's list.

anyway, you need to modify sendmail.cf file, just a few tweaks & it will be
ok.  you will need a smarthost, what is a smarthost ? thats an smtp server
that is allowed to send mail to the world, without it you can't send mail, &
this smarthost will be your isp's smtp server & noone else's unless you know
a lot of ppl around. otherwise your mails will get nowhere.

if you need an sendmail.cf file example i can paste it for you here.
also dovecot.conf will be valuable for you.

hope this helps.