On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Godwin Stewart Horwich IT Services
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:37:32 -0800, "Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC"
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  > If you care to use ping pong balls and the atlantic ocean as your medium,
>  > you should be able to interface with the g729 codec if you still needed
>  > to :D
>
>  I've heard that RFC1149-compliant devices work well with g729 as well :)

And how did you manage to get the latency down to a tolerable level? I
mean... it's a great idea an all but when I'm talking to someone on
the phone I like to hear their response that same hour and using
RFC1149-type connections just makes the VoIP latency unbearable for
me. Have you run this setup in production with any clients? What have
been their thoughts on it?