24 apr 2008 kl. 23.01 skrev Noah Miller:

>> For ABE support you really should contact Digium.  BTW, there is no
>> such
>> thing as a "sip trunk".  It's a sip peer or connection or account.
>
> <shrug> Semantics.  IAX connections between two asterisk boxes are
> often called IAX trunks.  This is the same thing in SIP
> flavor.</shrug>
>
> Also, no offense against Digium support, but the list actually
> responds more quickly at this point.  I think the Digium support staff
> are in a situation of high demand and short staffing.

Actually, there's a large difference between an IAX2 trunk and an IAX2
connection.

The IAX2 trunk multiplexes multiple media streams in one UDP packet,
therefore you can call it trunking. In order for this to work, you
need to enable a zaptel timer source in your system.

As Eric say, there's no trunking support similar to IAX2 trunks in the
SIP channel driver.

Semantics, but important in this case. :-)

/O

---
* Olle E. Johansson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* Asterisk Training http://edvina.net/training/
* The Asterisk SIP Masterclass in Barcelona, May 5-9 - REGISTER now!