Hi all,

i have found the two possible solution for doing RAS with Asterisk:

1) PPPD (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+PPPD)
I have downloaded the tgz proposed in the Wiki: app_pppd-060822.tgz
But it do not compiler under Asterisk 1.2.9.1-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1q.

First this #if gave me an error
#if (ASTERISK_VERSION_NUM >= 010400)
#define ASTERISK_NEW_MODULE_INTERFACE
#warning ASTERISK_NEW_MODULE_INTERFACE defined
#endif

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/app_pppd # make dep
rm -f .depend
touch .depend
for i in *.c; do gcc -g -Wall -O -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE
-I/usr/include -M $i ;done >> .depend
app_pppd.c:43:6: error: invalid digit "9" in octal constant

But since this is only an test for asterisk version, i my version seems
to fullfill the requirement, i just commented it out (only the diff, so
that the #define will be used!)

After this the
make dep
goes through, but make does not:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/src/app_pppd # make
gcc -c -g -Wall -O -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include -o
app_pppd.o app_pppd.c
app_pppd.c:45:2: warning: #warning ASTERISK_NEW_MODULE_INTERFACE defined
app_pppd.c:827: error: conflicting types for ‘unload_module’
/usr/include/asterisk/module.h:57: error: previous declaration of
‘unload_module’ was here
app_pppd.c:840: error: conflicting types for ‘load_module’
/usr/include/asterisk/module.h:46: error: previous declaration of
‘load_module’ was here
app_pppd.c:848: error: conflicting types for ‘description’
/usr/include/asterisk/module.h:75: error: previous declaration of
‘description’ was here
app_pppd.c:861: error: conflicting types for ‘key’
/usr/include/asterisk/module.h:92: error: previous declaration of ‘key’
was here
make: *** [app_pppd.o] Fehler 1

Does anyone know if app_pppd compile under Asterisk 1.2.9 ?

I think this solution is quite attractive, since no zaptel patching is
required ...

2) ZapRAS (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+ZapRAS)

Here one need to patch zaptel but the download link is broken:
ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/misc/

Furthermore a Howto this all the steps would be very nice.

For example the Wiki say this:
- You need to apply the PPPoE patch then the Zaptel patch.

Well, i have to work not very often with patch but i know that it
matters what options you have to supply and the location from there you
execute the command.

After studying the Wiki page it seems that the patches only affect the
ppp-package. Can someone explain to me why i have to re-compile zaptel?
Do i have to change something there too? Why re-compile asterisk? No
changes/patches in the asterisk source code are mentioned ...
app_zapras.c is part of the asterisk packages, it is compiled and the
.so file lies ready to use.

Do i miss something that makes these recompiling necessary?

After all the Link to the patches seems to be outdated:

ftp://ftp.digium.com/pub/zaptel/misc/ should be changed to
http://downloads.digium.com/pub/zaptel/misc/

I can do this myself the moment i got my password back for the Wiki ;)

Thanks for any help/suggestions offered,

Tobias Wolf