Asterisk supports using bluetooth headsets as FXS devices using chan_mobile.
But that scenario with repeaters I never seen before. Actually I wonder how
reliable it is, since bluetooth is not the preferred technology on wireless
data transmission.

What I did implement successfully was a solution with WiFi using 3Com WX2200
Wireless Controller, Linksys WIP300 and Nokia N95 phones. The WX2200 takes care
of all the roaming seamlessly, so when a user is moving during a call and gets
out of reach of one access point, another one takes over without interrupting
the call.

For smaller setups there is 3Com WXR100 that supports up to 3 MAPs (Managed
Access Points).

Att
Vinícius Fontes
Desenvolvimento