On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 18:38 +0100, Adrian Marsh wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anyone know of a SIP URI direct to googles  800-GOOG-411 service?

Yeah, I suppose a direct SIP connection would be nice.

> An enum lookup shows 3 URIs listed, none of them seem to be google
> directly,

No, they are SIP->PSTN termination services.  I use them via an ENUM
lookup for all of my toll-free calling since my ITSP doesn't terminate
toll-free for me at no charge.

> and I think 1 of them fails 100%, and the remaining one fails at other
> random times.

Yeah, they do have a random failure rate, which is why my enum macro
returns all three and rolls over to alternate values if any fail.  Check
the archives (within the last few weeks) for more details.

b,