Hi;

I would like just to know one thing:

Where did u find a good IAX IP Phone?

I am looking in the market since long time to buy such
device and did not find a reliable one till now.

Any advise?
Regards
Bilal

---------------------------
> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to spec up a small Asterisk system,
which needs
 to:
>  - Connect to ISDN2e  (I'm thinking of using a B100P
card here)
>  - Connect to the POTS (A400P with 1 FXO)
>  - Allow remote phones (thinking of an ETC 6050
utilising IAX2)

> It is a requirement that the POTS analogue card
picks up CLI
 information -
> and I'm in the UK which, historically, has lousy CLI
support....
 certainly,
> my AX100P doesn't do it... does anyone have any good
news about
 the
 A400P,
> or do I need to be hunting down a genuine Digium
card?

> I'm further assuming that an IAX2 phone will work
far more
 reliably
 through
> firewalls & non-static IP addresses (Asterisk box
will be on a
 static
 IP,
> remote/roaming "office" may not be) than a SIP
phone, based on my
> experiences of getting IAX2 between Asterisks to
work.

> So -- am I on the right lines with the hardware I've
specced
 above,
 or
> should I be looking at alternatives?

Can't you leave the picking up of the cli to the isdn
line?
Even if it is an ISDN1 (just a B-channel and a
D-channel), the chances
of tranferring channel info, like CLI, is better.

I would leave the pots-interfaces for the people stuck
with an ordinary
phone (or fax)..
Did you consider sipura 3102? Easier to scale than
analogue cards.
And perhaps easier to deploy, no spof,..

hw