I only did the 420 because thats what the original files looked like?
r-- -w- ---
Should I change this to 644?

Kate

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 10:18:21AM +0200, Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
Lists wrote:
Hi all,

I am wanting to change the sound files from the standard ones to a New Zealand voice pack. I have copied the files into the /var/lib/asterisk/sounds directory and chowned them to asterisk:asterisk and chmod 420

420? r-- -w- --- ?

Why not stick with the standard 644 or maybe 664?

Anyway, the Asterisk user does not need to write access to the standard
sound files. Only read-access.

to match the existing files but the system is still using the original files. The original files seem to be wav files while the NZ voice pack ones are gsm files.

Only gsm? Any higher quality originals from which to produce other
formats?

How do I get the system to use the new gsm files?
Hi,
try to delete old .wav ones.
Why not using a sounds/nz subfolder and set language to nz?

en-nz?