Michael Graves wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 00:25:12 +0530, Steve Repo wrote:
>
>> I have a Grandstream GXP1200 and eager to try this codec.  I've heard
>> good things about the quality.
>>
>> Anyone tried it with asterisk?
>>
>> I can't until 1.6 is released.
>>
>> Steve
>
> I can't speak to Asterisk but I really like that codec. It's in my
> Polycom IP650s.
>
> I hope yours works better than it did on the BudgeTones. There, while
> the codec is supported, the hardware limits the call quality.
>
> Michael
>
> --

I can't speak for the GXP1200, but with the GXP2000s I have, you cannot
tell the difference between G.711 and G.722.

The only Polycom I have is an IP501 (that I bought to test, found to be
solid, reliable, feature barren and awkward). Sadly this is very limited
wrt its codec support. (supports even fewer than cheap chinese handsets).