Two options worth considering:

1. Use a soft phone that supports call recording. The convenience of
recording directly to the PC might win some converts. X-Lite and
Ebeybeam do this nicely, amongst others.

2. Using the Polycom IP650 which has onboard call recording to a USB
device when the optional software productivity suite is installed. It's
an extra $12/phone. The phones are great! But more costly. Street
prices running around $260 each.

Michael

On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:35:18 -0400, Bill Michaelson wrote:

>Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>>In our call center (250 agents), we use Panasonic KX-TCA60 headsets, which
>>I think we get for 7 or 8 bucks apiece, and sell to the agents at cost.
>
>Thanks for that - they look good, and I found several recommendations for them
>after I got yours and started looking for them.
>
>Further to this, I'm in the client office today and dealing directly with the
>users who are reporters and editors for a periodical and conduct many
>telephone interviews.  They want to use their old recording devices with the
>new phones, but are finding unpleasant audio experiences when they switch them
>over from the Nortel meridians to the Polycom IP330s.  So I'm looking for kit
>to use here as well.  Recommendations most welcome.
>
>And in the case of one user, she is adamant she not be required to use a
>different recording device.  I don't know how to approach this except to try a
>different telephone or mess with Polycom gain settings that the manual advises
>not to touch.  Anybody been down this road - have any wisdom?

Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com
http://blog.mgraves.org
o713-861-4005