The Asterisk-Java project has a working API implementation that includes
this command, and has it documented here:
http://asterisk-java.org/development/apidocs/org/asteriskjava/manager/ac
tion/UpdateConfigAction.html

It's sort of an all-in-one action. Scroll down in the link above to the
addCommand method, and there's some explanation of the fields.

Hope that helps,

Martin Smith, Systems Developer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bureau of Economic and Business Research
University of Florida
(352) 392-0171 Ext. 221