Not having any luck with just tweaking those values. I'm a bit confused still as to how the different busy detection choices are supposed to work - I've uncommented a few of the #if 0 to see if it's doing anything, and I can't see any indiciation that it is. Don't the specific off-hook tones need to be in dsp.c, or is it intended that asterisk should match the signal just by the timing?

Here's some information I found which confirms the tones I measured:

http://www.hackfaq.org/telephony-27.shtml

------
Receiver Off-Hook Tone

This tone is used to cause off-hook customers to replace the receiver on-hook on a permanent signal call and to signal a non-PBX off-hook line when ringing key is operated by a switchboard operator.

Receiver Off-Hook Tone is 1400 Hz, 2060 Hz, 2450 Hz and 2600 Hz at 0 dBm0/frequency on and off every .1 second. On some older space division switching systems Receiver Off-Hook was 1400 Hz, 2060 Hz, 2450 Hz and 2600 Hz at +5 VU on and off every .1 second. On a No. 5 ESS this continues for 30 seconds. On a No. 2/2B ESS this continues for 40 seconds. On some other AT&T switches there are two iterations of 50 seconds each.
-----