Philipp Kempgen wrote:
Brent Davidson schrieb:
On my asterisk system, if an incoming call only has a number for the caller ID and no name, the system is using the channel name as in the Callerid Name field. I would like to use some sort of pattern match test to test for the presence of "Zap/" in the ${CALLERID(name)} variable and if it is present, replace it with "Unknown". I'm using the ael format for my dialplan and have been looking for a way to do this, but haven't found anything yet. Is there a way to do this inside the dialplan

if ("${CALLERID(name):0:4}" = "Zap/") {
        Set(CALLERID(name)=Unknown);
}

Not sure why you would want to put the channel name into the
caller ID name in the first place.

   Philipp Kempgen

Thanks all. As far as why the channel name is in the caller ID, I don't know. I'm certainly not doing it intentionally. I don't have any code in the dialplan that even touches the CallerID, so I guess Asterisk is doing somehow when the Name part of the CallerID is unknown... Either that or my Snom 300 phones are picking the wrong info to use for CallerID.