> Ringing() followed by
> Wait(1)

I made it

exten => echo,1,Ringing()
exten => echo,2,Wait(1)
exten => echo,3,Playback(abandon-all-hope)
exten => echo,4,Echo()

to no avail.

This looks like a client issue, though all of my clients fail. Which clients
are the most standards conforming?

Also, maybe Asterisk isn’t what I need? I need a server with which several
people would register accounts, they’ll be able to place calls among
themselves and also call other SIP accounts, as well as calling PSTN numbers
using predefined accounts (so that it would be possible to share one paid
account between several users). So a SIP server + possibility for dialplans
through 3rd party SIP servers. Maybe something like SER would suffice? Or SER
as a proxy in front of Asterisk is the way to go?

--
TIA
Roman.