On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Gavin Henry wrote:

> 2009/3/17 Gordon Henderson <gordon+aster...@drogon.net>:
>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Geraint Lee wrote:

>> I know of a local company who're regularly putting 20 concurrent calls over
>> the same broadband setup using G729...
>
> Yeah, we use g.729 ourselves too.

The issues I've had have been when theres transcoding going on that you
can't control - ie. outside your network, so I can go point to point from
end-user phone to the people I peer with, but if they then transcode to
G711 to go to the PSTN, it's OK, but if it then gets transcoded to GSM for
a mobile, or back to G729 to go to an "expensive" overseas location, then
quality does suffer )-:

Gordon