On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:37:23 David Backeberg wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM, Michael <as...@nettrust.co.nz> wrote:
> > Is it possible to force T38 for all invocations ReceiveFAX() ?
>
> If it's not T.38, it should instead be audio over G.711 or similar
> codec. Are your faxes going through as audio? If not, that's a strong
> indication that you have a SIP configuration issue you need to work
> through before you worry about T.38.
>
> Are you doing something with a fancy codec like G.729? If so, stop.
> You can't fax over G.729.
>
> You should be able to modify your dialplan to record your ReceiveFax()
> session and hear exactly what is failing on your audio fax if your
> audio fax is failing.

Thank you for your contribution, unfortunately this problem is not going to be
resolved through the normal elementary issues.

I am well aware of the need to use T38, and the codec is alaw.

I have already covered my bases in advance of coming on this list making my
statement-

1. Hardware is fine - CW works
2. Firewall rules are fine - CW works
3. Link is fine - It's fibre
4. Provider supports T38

Further in response to Steve's comment - I have contacted my up line provider
and they have advised me that they use Asterisk at their end. I am still
waiting for advice as to 'what' T38 fax solution they are using, though at
this point it's looking less likely that it is compatibility issues.

Michael