        boundary="----=_Part_39198_10808701.1229015737923"

2008/12/11 Dave Fullerton <dfullertaster...@shorelinecontainer.com>

> Brent Davidson wrote:

> > I have several branch offices all running Asterisk PBX's that register

> > to each other via SIP so that calls can be transferred from office to

> > office.  Everything is working great on the office to office transfers,

> > but I'd like to somehow make the CallerID more useful.  Currently if an

> > extension at Office1 dials an extension at Office2 the CID on the phone

> > at Office2 says "Office1".  The same thing happens if a person at

> > Office1 transfers an incoming call to Office2.  The caller ID at Office2

> > always just says "Office1".

> > What I would like to happen would be when Bob at Extension 12 at Office1

> > calls Office2 the caller ID at office 2 would say "Bob" in the name

> > files and "12" in the number field.  If Bob does a blind transfer to an

> > extension at Office2 I would like the caller ID on the Office2 phone to

> > display the original caller's name and number.

> > I've read most of the documentation on the CallerID variables, but am

> > still having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the necessary

> > logic to accomplish what I need to do, (mainly because I'm in the middle

> > of a totally unrelated project and am having trouble multi-tasking).

> > Could anyone give me a starting point?

> > Thanks,

> > Brent

> Check the entries for office1 and office2 servers in sip.conf. If they

> have a callerid= entry comment it out and do a SIP reload. When it is

> set asterisk overrides the caller ID sent to it.

additionally if you want to have the callerid to include office1 when

calling office2, you could change the callerid using

Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name)} Office 1)

just before sending through to office 2

Something along those lines anyway, not entirely sure on the syntax or if

there's a better way to do it.. but i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm

wrong :)

Geraint

------=_Part_39198_10808701.1229015737923

 class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin:
0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

&gt; I have several branch offices all running Asterisk PBX&#39;s that
register<br>

&gt; to each other via SIP so that calls can be transferred from office to<br>

&gt; office. &nbsp;Everything is working great on the office to office
transfers,<br>

&gt; but I&#39;d like to somehow make the CallerID more useful. &nbsp;Currently
if an<br>

&gt; extension at Office1 dials an extension at Office2 the CID on the phone<br>

&gt; at Office2 says &quot;Office1&quot;. &nbsp;The same thing happens if a
person at<br>

&gt; Office1 transfers an incoming call to Office2. &nbsp;The caller ID at
Office2<br>

&gt; always just says &quot;Office1&quot;.<br>

&gt;<br>

&gt; What I would like to happen would be when Bob at Extension 12 at
Office1<br>

&gt; calls Office2 the caller ID at office 2 would say &quot;Bob&quot; in the
name<br>

&gt; files and &quot;12&quot; in the number field. &nbsp;If Bob does a blind
transfer to an<br>

&gt; extension at Office2 I would like the caller ID on the Office2 phone to<br>

&gt; display the original caller&#39;s name and number.<br>

&gt;<br>

&gt; I&#39;ve read most of the documentation on the CallerID variables, but
am<br>

&gt; still having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the necessary<br>

&gt; logic to accomplish what I need to do, (mainly because I&#39;m in the
middle<br>

&gt; of a totally unrelated project and am having trouble multi-tasking).<br>

&gt; Could anyone give me a starting point?<br>

&gt;<br>

&gt; Thanks,<br>

&gt; Brent<br>

have a callerid= entry comment it out and do a SIP reload. When it is<br>

set asterisk overrides the caller ID sent to
include office1 when calling office2, you could change the callerid

anyway, not entirely sure on the syntax or if there&#39;s a better way to do
it.. but i&#39;m sure someone will correct me if i&#39;m wrong :)<br>

------=_Part_39198_10808701.1229015737923--