Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Saturday 09 May 2009 03:42:04 John Fawcett wrote:
>
>> I'm on asterisk 1.6.1.0 and asterisk addons 1.6.1.0 (also using freepbx
>> 2.5 with cidlookup module from mysql database).
>>
>> There are some incompatible changes in asterisk 1.6 about MYSQL addon
>> application syntax for querying a mysql database.
>> It seems that escaping of space and single quotes is no longer needed -
>> see 3rd line of attached example from
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MYSQL
>>

> Remember the first time you had to do this and thought it was incredibly
> stupid how you had to escape commas and spaces?  Well, nobody will think
> that anymore.
>
> What changed was in the process of making the comma the real separator,
> we made the insane amount of escaping go away completely.  Yes, it's a
> one-time PITA that you have to change this, but it's wonderful for all of the
> people who come to Asterisk starting with 1.6 and never have to have seen
> the ugly amount of escaping.

thanks for your reply. Freepbx needs to work with both sets of syntax
so the patch for freepbx needs to take into account the version of
asterisk addons in which this was changed.
I'm assuming this happened with 1.4->1.6 not 1.6.0 -> 1.6.1. Is that
correct?
I also assume that no escaping is now needed at all. I couldn't work out
from the change log when the change happened.

thanks,
John