On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:27:53AM +0200, Vincent wrote:
> Hello
>
>       I'm thinking of selling an Asterisk server based on Atcom's IP02
> solid-state unit with one FXO and one FXS ports:
>
> http://atcom.cn/En_products_IP02.htm
>
> By default, this unit based on a 400MHz Blackfin 532 chip only has
> 64MB RAM and 256MB of NAND flash. Those can be increased to 128MB and
> 1GB, respectively.
>
> Do you think I can install Linux + Asterisk + LAMP (replacing MySQL
> with Firebird, to avoid license costs) on the default specs, or will
> it be a bit short?

You spent the whole thread discussing the M of LAMP. L seems to be quite
given with the OS support of that platform. So let's look at A and P.

The 'A' part of LAMP is probably worth skipping. Apache is a good web
server, but has a large footprint. Certainly if you're limited to
64/128MB.

The alternatives to look into are:

1. lighttpd - lighter, but still quite featureful.
2. busybox httpd - has seen quite a lot of work in recent years. May
   actually be good enough for you.
3-N.  boa, dhttpd, thttpd, mathopd, micro-httpd, whatever... maybe one
of them will be the right one.

Chances are you'll use CGI, as you won't want to permanently waste
memory on the management interface.

Now we get to the P part. PHP is not neceserily the best alternative. If
you can use mini-perl, you get a much lighter process. Lua may be an
interesting alternative but I haven't heard about many people use it to
write web interfaces. And there's also python, of course.

Python has a number of independent web servers. Simple python
applications seem to prefer that mode of operation), but then again,
this would probably be a waste of precious memory.

Hmm... so with a bit of strestching and some wild assumptions on the
platform:

LLLL: Linux, Lighttpd, sqLite, Lua

--
               Tzafrir Cohen