Elliot Murdock <murdo...@gmail.com> writes:

> I needed to "answer" the local call for any sound to pass through:
>
> [default]
>
> exten => s,1,dial(local/2...@dialplan/n)
>
> [dailplan]
>
> exten => 220,1,answer()
> exten => 220,2,saydigits(123)
> exten => 220,3,dial(SIP/120||m)
>
> From my understanding, the answer command only answers the local call,
> but the final dial at priority 3 will remain unanswered.

I guess you could put it that way, but notice that the original caller
will start paying the moment you Answer().

Playing sounds before Answer() is called "early media". It is
unfortunately not universally supported -- possibly because it is so
easily abused. Just imagine having two sets of phones, both transmitting
early media. That would mean free calls.

/Benny