Edwin Quijada escribió:
It depends about your traffic.
 But myabe and I guess Core 2Duo 4Gb ram , Sata 160Gb
+_

It's pretty well known that asterisk is CPU intensive, not RAM intensive. It think 4GB is much more than enough. BTW, if your asterisk is consuming more than 150-200MB of RAM and growing... suspect of memory leaks. I once read on this list than seeing 500MB of memory usage for an asterisk instance is *huge*.

On the other hand, the multithreaded but monolithic asterisk design leads to a multi core CPU to be utilized only when the other ones are full 100% used.

Regards,

--
Ing. Miguel Molina
Grupo de Tecnología