Cheers for that.

We solved the problem this time by updating the routers firmware to the
latest version but if it happens again I'll look into what you're saying.
Can I just clarify that you mean the RTP Timers though? It's a
production server and doing sip reloads is massively frowned upon.

Thanks again

Ish

Peter Johansson wrote:
> Hello. I think i've seen this problem, it was generated by a missing ACK
> on 200 OK. If that is the case try modifying session timer parameters in
> sip.conf so a missing ACK will not lead to call termination.
>
> Peter
>
> Ishfaq Malik wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm having an issue with just one of the phones (snom300) attached to
>> our asterisk server (1.4.17 using RealTime)
>> Sometimes (not consistently), any outbound call cust off at 20 seconds
>> exactly and I see the following in my asterisk console
>> [Aug  6 10:37:24] WARNING[1679]: chan_sip.c:1946 retrans_pkt: Maximum
>> retries exceeded on transmission 3c3251e0edaf-4jnjbmy9uupi for seqno 2
>> (Critical Response)
>> [Aug  6 10:37:24] WARNING[1679]: chan_sip.c:1970 retrans_pkt: Hanging up
>> call 3c3251e0edaf-4jnjbmy9uupi - no reply to our critical packet.
>>
>> There as another SIP phone plugged into the same router and that has no
>> issues at all and inbound calls are not affected either.
>> The codecs order on the phone match up to those set on the server
>> (g729;alaw;ulaw;;).
>>
>> There are about 50 other phones attached to the server and none of the
>> others have this issue. Well actually, one did but that person got a new
>> handset (they were previously using a very old and rubbish Grandstream)
>> and the problem immediately stopped.
>>
>> Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer
PackNet Ltd

Office:   0161 660 3062