Hello,

If you currently experience frequent Cisco router crashes be advised that there is an IOS bug triggered by sip sessions NAT’d through the router.  The bug is NOT fixed unlike what is said here.  This issue is reopened at Cisco under bug CSCeb12516.  with a severity of 2 because it sucks a$$.  Forgive me for posting in HTML.

CSCdz14900 Bug Details

Headline

 Software forced crash ipnat_l4_udp_sip_fixup

Product

 all

Model

Component

 nat

Duplicate of

Severity

 3  Severity help

Status

 Resolved  Status help

First Found-in Version

 12.3, 12.2(11)T, 12.2(15)B   All affected versions

First Fixed-in Version

 12.3(2.3), 12.3(0.5)B03a, 12.3(3.1)T, 12.3(2.3)B  Version help

Release Notes

A Cisco router running IOS 12.2.T may reload due to a software forced crash.

Currently the root cause has not been found, but early indications are that this
is related to NAT.

Workaround: turn off NAT SIP ALG by the following CLI can be used to avoid this
crash - of course you will lose NAT SIP support.

no ip nat service sip tcp port 5060
no ip nat service sip udp port 5060

Feedback

Please rate this release note:

Select One Excellent Good Average Fair Poor

If you gave this release note a low rating, please tell us why.

Select One The information is not clear The information is incomplete The information is not related to my issue

Regards,

Christopher J. Wolff, VP CIO

Broadband Laboratories, Inc.

http://www.bblabs.com