No usable DS3 cards for Asterisk.  There is a standing consensus, as far
as I've been able to tell (and I could be wrong), that this would be
rather difficult - if not impossible - to do given the liberal timing
tolerance of PCI buses and PC architecture once you're talking about
that much synchronous payload and framing.

There would be other problems, one of which is that it's not generally
possible to handle that many calls concurrently with Asterisk on a
single machine.

Your best bet is to break a bunch of T1s out of an M13 mux, if you're
determined to do this the TDM way.  I'm not sure I see the point,
personally;  it's not because I think everyone should be using SIP
origination (quite the contrary, it's still so broken in so many ways
industrially), I just think that by the time it gets to Asterisk it can
stand to be SIP.  Get an ISDN-VoIP gateway that can take a DS3 and spit
SIP out the back side and you're golden.

Tim Nelson wrote:

> ---- "das sandesh" <sandesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hi All,
>
>  >
> We are trying to implement a DS3 capacity calls (672 concurrent calls)
> using asterisk server. I wanted to ask are there any compatible DS3
> cards with asterisk? I tried searching a lot but could find DS3000P from
> digium but unable to get this product. Does anybody have any idea of
> having any DS3 card in asterisk box so as to handle around 600 calls?
>
>  >
> Thanks
> Sandesh
>

> Putting aside the obvious question of "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT
> ALMOST 700 CALLS HANDLED ON **ONE** ASTERISK BOX"......
>
> Sangoma makes a DS3 card but it is not channelized for voice usage. We
> had a conversation with them at one point for a particular project and
> if I recall they do have a solution for running channelized voice over
> DS3. Give them a call or email, they are incredibly responsive and 'know
> their stuff'.
>
> Tim Nelson
> Systems/Network Support
> Rockbochs Inc.