2009/11/2 Doug Lytle <supp...@drdos.info>

> Christian Victor wrote:
> > 2009/11/2 Doug Lytle <supp...@drdos.info <mailto:supp...@drdos.info>>
> >

> >     Faxing over SIP is never a good idea.
> >
> > And why would that be? I think that faxing over SIP using T.38 is a
> > fantastic idea.
>
> As far as I know, T.38 isn't supported under 1.4

That would be "Faxing using Asterisk 1.4 is never a good idea". Sorry for
being such a bean counter. ;-)

To stay on-topic: Terminating fax over PSTN works quite well in 1.4 but the
original poster should be warned of trying to terminate fax over a SIP
trunk. Using SIP/G.711 to connect the fax machine to Asterisk over LAN works
quite well in my experience but others had worse results.

Chris