I'd like to announce the release of an open source connector bridge for
Asterisk and UniMRCP.

The connector bridge is an implementation of Asterisk's Generic Speech API
using UniMRCP client stack. This module allows Asterisk to connect to MRCPv2 or
MRCPv1 compliant servers for speech recognition. It also allows to offload
Asterisk using client/server architecture MRCP provides. Moreover, all the
speech applications, which are written on top of Generic Speech API now can be
easily used via MRCP too.

The complete package, which includes everything required for UniMRCP integrated
Asterisk deployment, is now available for download
http://unimrcp.googlecode.com/files/uni-ast-package.tar.gz

The open development model with community driven initiatives is what I started
UniMRCP with and entered the open source world for. The integration with
powerful telephony platforms such as Asterisk would allow the project to
further evolve and accelerate.

I have been asked many times for such an integration. Now it's your turn to
give it a try, provide feedback and help carefully test and evolve the solution.

Thanks for using UniMRCP,
--
Arsen Chaloyan
The author of UniMRCP