2010/1/27 Steve Edwards <asterisk....@sedwards.com>:
> Un-mid-posting...

>> 2010/1/23 Steve Edwards <asterisk....@sedwards.com>:
>
>>> ODBC will do what you want.
>>>
>>> Personally, I'd vote for an AGI using whatever C API your DB provides
>>> -- like Pro*C to access Oracle.
>>>
>>> You will have access to all of the features of your DB and your
>>> dialplan will be a lot cleaner and easier to maintain.
>
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Zhang Shukun wrote:
>
>> Thanks, while i think because oracle has no offical ODBC for linux
>> system. is that better use mysql than oracle. considering the
>> perfoermace and speed. many people around think mysql is not a good
>> option for database, they think mysql is only suit for small business.
>> but i want to have a try. i need to convince them to use this.
>
> So don't use ODBC, use Pro*C...

you said" Personally, I'd vote for an AGI using whatever C API your DB provides"

what do you think about phpagi and cagi, if i choose the agi method.

while phpagi seems used more popular than cagi.

> Back when Yahoo was relevant, they ran on MySQL.
>
> Can you quantify your requirements (number of rows, queries per second,
> simultaneous connections) and test it on hardware similar to your
> production environment?

i cant quantify my requirement now. but the business has not be start.

and the user will increase as time going.

> While I'm sure Yahoo spent a lot of time and money designing and tuning
> their system, sometimes "explain plan" can point you to small changes that
> yield significant results.
>
> If your shop is committed to Oracle, can finance the licenses, and has the
> in-house talent -- use it. Nobody ever lost their job by buying IBM...

> --
> Thanks in advance,

Best regards,
Sucan