Steve Underwood wrote:

> That's how T.38 calls normally start. They mostly start as audio, and
> switch into T.38 mode later. We have only seen an initial fragment in
> the log. We haven't seen anything that's actually wrong. We see an offer
> to do telephony events, and from there things might progress to T.38 or
> something else. I can't see anything invalid in that, even if the > cdsc/cpar
> stuff is not understood.

Umm, yeah. I knew all that :-)

Since the OP is using ReceiveFAX in his dialplan, that means Asterisk
sent the T.38 re-INVITE. Under the assumption that's he posted the
snippets from corresponding sections of successful and failed calls, the
SDP parsing output we saw would be from the response to the re-INVITE.
In the second example, the response to the re-INVITE did not include a
T.38 media stream.

I agree, though, that a more complete log would be most helpful in
clarifying the situation.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kpflem...@digium.com