On Tuesday 20 January 2004 12:28, Chris Robertson wrote:
> I'm looking into deploying * for an internal conference call server
> (using MeetMe) and had a couple of quick questions for those of you
> who have used it.  I checked the Wiki but there weren't a lot of
> details for MeetMe.
>
> - Can you limit the size of a conference "room", ie max 8 people,
> etc.

Not directly, but you could run a MeetMeCount(confnum|varname),
then check the results of varname and either allow/disallow that
participant based upon the result.

> - Is there a list somewhere (besides the source ;) that has
> all the commands availible to people in the conferences?

There really aren't any.  Once you're in a conference, you can only
exit the conference, if you entered with option p specified in the
dialplan, by pressing a #.  Otherwise, the only way to exit a
conference is to hangup.

> Specifically can you do a mute all new callers type action (when
> people are really just calling up to listen.

You want the monitor-only option, i.e. option m:
MeetMe(1234|m)

> - Passwords/Pins for
> the conference rooms?

For dynamic conferences, not yet, but you can with static-defined
conferences:  conf => 1234,4231 in meetme.conf.

You can also pre-enter the PIN for a conference number in the
dialplan:  MeetMe(1234||4231).  This might be useful if you wanted
to protect the conference from people who could enter an arbitrary
number but were using an alternate method of authentication.  Sorry,
there is currently no way to have multiple PINs per conference.

Note that you do not currently need to restart or reload Asterisk for
MeetMe to notice new entries in meetme.conf.

-Tilghman