Good day all!

I have an issue which has plagued me for quite sometime now...and as I close
in on its cause, I have reached a point where additional info would be
greatly helpful!

When a SIP device dials another SIP device...Asterisk connects the calls and
displays the channel information.
If one of those SIP devices hangs up, Asterisk receives the hangup notice
and disconnects the call/channel.

However - what does Asterisk do when the network cable is unplugged from one
of the SIP devices...?!
>From what I'm seeing here, it does nothing!  Asterisk still shows the call
as being live and only reports that the SIP device has become unreachable
(in full log).

Is this something that is fixed in an update?  (Currently running 1.2)

It seems when Asterisk detects the SIP device has become unresponsive, it
would auto-disconnect any calls bridged to that device...though its not.
Thus creating what I like to call 'Phantom Calls'.  I can arrive in the
morning and view calls that have gone longer than 24 hours - even though
those callers hung up many hours prior.