On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Alan Lord (News) <alansli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another vote for the Siemens Gigaset range. Been using the S685IP almost
> since the day it was released here in the UK. Nice handsets, great voice
> quality, but as others have said the UI can be a bit slow.

Alan, don't forget the link to the discussion on your excellent site:

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/04/27/siemens-gigaset-685ip-phones/

Same experience here, we've been running our 2-person soho for a
couple of years with one base and 2 S675IP handsets.

- They look and act like  a "regular" cordless phone to the average
person who is not a telephony geek.
- They work well with a bunch of SIP accounts and g729 if you have
that possibility
- common headset jack works with cheap headsets
- landline connection that works transparently when the Internet
connection is down
- simple dialplan to route calls
- Excellent battery life and talk time

Ours have performed flawlessly. Yes, the interface is slow and so is
the phone menu system. We just purchased another base and handset for
our new office. I love this phone and wish I was getting a commission
on the number of units I've probably "sold".

/r