Yeah, the problem's not the origination.

The problem is that calls originated asyn with accountcodes show up in
show channels concise without details.

Pretty simple to test with sipp and core show channels concise.

I assume it's because the call origination happens at a faster rate
than Asterisk can fill out the details.

Apologies for top post, laptop is running a defrag.