I have read 2 solutions....

(a) Changing the Dial plan and capturing DNID and inserting it into
one of the existing column in CDR table.

(b) Copy new CDR related .c & .h files which have added the
functionality of recording DNID into MySQL.
For this, CDR table structure needs to be changed and a new field has
be created in CDR table.

But I am still not very sure on how to go about doing this.
Since I only have a production server, I do not have the options of
experimenting.
Can someone help with a step-by-step?

Thx
Sanjay