what is the general view about the versions of the packages that are used with
asterisk.

lame
asterisk
asterisk-addons
dahdi
libpri

i like to say on a version and not upgrade due to my experience with Linux and
upgrading screwing up things. When it comes to Asterisk i have only one server
build under my belt and I have had issue along the way.

What do most people do with the software versions? In general if i have a
stable system and there is no reason like security or new needed features i
don't upgrade. Should i do new builds with the same config (old packages) that
i know works?