Re: [asterisk-users] migration

Of geese or ducks?

(A more descriptive subject will yield better replies.)

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010, Thomas Perron wrote:

> My client wants to use my service that I will host.  It is an IVR
> application. I have the solution worked out on the server side. I will
> port his current POTS line phone number to a DID service where I can
> control it via SIP.
>
> Question relates to his current phones.  Forgive me as I am new. Does he
> need his current phones?  How will they ring if I port the number?
> Should I simply have him remove the phones and I can send the calls to
> his cell phones?

If his "current POTS line number" rings his "current phones," and you port
the POTS line number to a SIP provider, what would you expect to "ring"
them?

You could dial his cell phones or any other endpoint.

You could connect the existing phones to your Asterisk server using ATAs
or channel banks or ???

What is in the best interest of your client? There isn't enough
information present to offer a reasonable opinion.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST