----- "Anita Hall" <anita.h...@simmortel.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please check out this product
>
> http://www.sangoma.com/products/hardware_products/data_networking/a301.html
>
> Does it work on Asterisk or Freeswitch ?
> Do Telcos provide an E3 connection ?
>
> One of our customers had an inquiry for terminating 6000 calls
> simultaneously. I want to do some homework before taking it further with him.
> If I use E1 lines, I will need 6000 / 30 = 200 E1 lines, which does not look
> feasible ?
>
> Thanks for any input you may provide.
>
> regards,
>
> Anita Hall,
> Simmortel Voice.

Putting that many calls on one system is not a good idea... you'll want to
spread those calls over multiple machines with some sort of redundancy or
failover.

Also, the card you reference is for clear channel data only, not voice.
However, you may want to give Sangoma a call. They are top notch when it comes
to custom solutions and have some of the brightest people on staff.

In my research into T3/E3 connectivity, I've found it's generally best to go
with some sort of a MUX that will take your T3/E3 and break it down into
individual T1/E1 circuits. If I recall, Adtran makes a few nice units for this.

--Tim