Subject: RE: Webform contact request [#<removed>]
From:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date:    Fri, January 23, 2004 7:36 pm
To:      <removed>

SIP VOIP phones do not work with netgear routers. The router will always set a value in the checksum.

Regards

<removed>
Netgear Support
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please help us serve you better by clicking here
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] if you would like to
provide any other valuable feedback.  (Note: this feedback is not sent to
an agent so you will not receive a reply.)

Not exactly what I call stellar customer service!

I realize this may not be the best solution -- actually, it's probably not
even a good solution -- but has anyone experimented with using the Linux
SO_NO_CHECK setsockopt() option?  It looks like it could be used to ignore
the checksums for the RTP packets.

Owen

Time to dump the Netgear router. That's an unacceptable answer for a router vendor to say "Oh, well, for this MAJOR protocol we're going to simply corrupt those packets so they're unusable." What!?

JT