On 07/06/2010 12:00 PM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
On 06/07/10 10:34, Jonas Kellens wrote:
Hello list,

what is the use of realtime SIP peers when you always need to reload the sip configuration as if you were just putting your SIP peers in sip.conf ??

My SIP peers are now defined in a mysql-DB and when I add a mailbox in the field 'mailbox', the change is not active untill a do a "sip reload" or a "module reload chan_sip.so".

Doing a "sip reload" or a "module reload chan_sip.so" makes that all the SIP peers need to re-register again to Asterisk so that they are 'available' again.

So what is "realtime" about the ARA ??

Kind regards,

Jonas.
If you are using RealTime and make any changes to a peer entry in your DB you need to prune the peer from the realtime cache using

sip prune realtime <peer name>

The peer will need to re register but only that one and it will pick up the updated settings from the DB

Ish
--
Ishfaq Malik
Software Developer

Office:   0161 660 3062

OK, that's when changing peer-attributes.

What can I do when adding new peers to the database ??

Kind regards,

Jonas.