On 10/02/2010 03:31 PM, bruce bruce wrote:
Hi,

Can you please explain the DynDNS part. How would I put that in my Asterisk server as an identified party? Usually it comes to me with IP address (dynamic). Or do add something like this in sip_nat.conf:

externip=mybox.dyndns.org <http://mybox.dyndns.org>
localnet=192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 <http://192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0>

every time the address changes you have to have some script to make the change in your firewall.

???

Thansk again,

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 2:59 PM, jon pounder <j...@inline.net <mailto:j...@inline.net>> wrote:

    On 10/02/2010 02:56 PM, bruce bruce wrote:
    > Hi Everyone
    >
    > I think PAP2T supports DynDNS and other Dynamic DNS providers. I
    have
    > a box that needs to be secured at all times. Currently it's not
    > connected to the internet. If it were connected, I would have
    iptables
    > block any and all traffic from outside but I want a single device -
    > Linksys PAP2T - to be able to connect back to the server. That is a
    > stand alone device and doesn't support VPN and I don't have the
    luxury
    > of putting a VPN client on the PAP2T side to connect back to the
    > server. Is there any way I can DynDNS on the PAP2T to somehow notify
    > the Asterisk Server that it's a safe device coming in?
    >
    > I do use fail2ban but that is not what I am looking for at this
    > moment. And since the IP is dynamic on the PAP2T, I can't just
    use the
    > iptables to let it in as it might change all a sudden.
    >
    > Thanks
    do the dyndns on whatever router is in front of the pap2t
    or
    get some other box that supports it.

    other than that you are looking for some sort of magic bullet