We have a small office installation running over a cable modem.  (8M down, 500k
up confirmed with numerous speed test sites)

When a single call is up, call quality is fine.  When a second call is up,
outbound audio is immediately choppy.  We're using ulaw, and confirmed that
traffic with 2 calls is <175kbps in/out.  (IAX connection out)

Asterisk doesn't report any dropped frames, the internet connection looks fine,
etc.   We have a linux router in place running wondershaper that seems to be
running fine (same as our other installations).

Can someone suggest where to look?  Could this be the ITSP?