[This starts to look very off-topic for the -users list, which is why I've proposed on several occasions a -biz list, but since there is no -biz list, I'll continue this thread here.]

I currently do not have German as a language at my command, and there
are no English translations on the sipgate pages.  I am wondering if
one of the more bi-lingual members of the list here could translate
the product offerings for me.  I am looking for a phone number in .de
that will map by ENUM (and of course, by PSTN-to-SIP) to one of my *
servers.

I have family who communicate regularly with people in .de and other
nations in Western Europe, and I'd like to give them the people in
Europe who are not Internet-savvy a way to reach us without overseas
toll charges.  At the same time, I'd also like to have an EU
"presence" for my own reasons.

If someone could provide the quick summary and costs for such a
service from sipgate, that would be great.

JT

hi,

just signed up and it works like a charm. :-)
They even support g711 :) and multiple channels :)

make sure you have in sip.conf:

register => XXXX:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/<extension in your context>

you will get the too many hops if you try to register
with their proxy (proxy.de.sipgate.net).

best regards

kapejod
--
Klaus-Peter Junghanns

CEO, CTO
Junghanns.NET GmbH
Breite Straße 13 - 12167 Berlin - Germany
fon: (de) +49 30 79705390
fon: (uk) +44 870 1244692
fax: (de) +49 30 79705391
iaxtel: 1-700-157-8753
http://www.Junghanns.NET/asterisk/

 I set up an account with sipgate yesterday evening and tried to use the
 above mentioned register in sip.conf * to login to sipgate.
 No luck so far.

They use SER and I get "483 too many hops" replies back from them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Walter

 --
   Walter Doerr   =*=   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   =*=   FAX: +49 2421 962001
               "The poor folks who only have 100MBytes of RAM five years