On 10/30/2010 09:24 PM, Sebastian wrote:

> On 10/29/2010 04:40 AM, jon pounder wrote:
>
>> On 10/28/2010 11:18 PM, GBR Icasiano, Ryan A. wrote:
>>
>> Here is what I do today and it works fine:
>>
>> - asterisk/trixbox
>> - Dext/android phone
>> - Bell Canada cell provider
>> - call comes in, to an extension with voicemail
>> - rings a bunch of sip devices (real phones, and the android via
>> linphone if it happens to be near wifi and registered (set to only use
>> wifi not 3g to register)
>> - if not answered call is forwarded back out a pots line and dials the
>> cell number (cell is not subscribed to provider voicemail)
>>
> This is an advantage over my situation. Here (UK) - if you don't
> configure voicemail on your mobile - the mobile operator just plays a
> message along the lines "The phone number xxxx is not available right
> now. Please try again later" (or something similar). Which screws things
> up - as Asterisk can't tell that the mobile is not available. To
> Asterisk, that message is the same as somebody answering the line. Same
> in France and Spain - as far as I've seen.

I think it does that here as well, but after a much longer delay than
asterisk sits around waiting - like close to a minute I think.
It definitely varies by carrier as well - Rogers here can't even get
their heads around delivering a txt message from an email to sms
gateway, let alone handle something like the above.