Ronny Adsetts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've now set up Asterisk to interface with our current Samsung iDCS 100 PBX
> via an 8SLI analogue extension card in the Samsung and an Openvox A400P04
> 4-FXO card in the Asterisk box. It all works in that I can place calls in
> both directions from the office Samsung extensions and Asterisk SIP
> extensions. The only tricky bit was getting the FXO to detect hang-up from
> the Samsung correctly - a tweak on the Samsung config to make it hang up
> properly fixed this.
>
> So far Asterisk has been a joy to configure (apart from the default config
> which IMO should be stripped back to bare-bones and the config shipped as
> examples in the doc folder - this may be the fault of my distribution who's
> packages I used rather than get in to the hassle of software maintenance).
>
> The problem I'm trying to solve at the moment is getting caller ID info
> passed over to the SIP phones when calls are placed. The caller ID is coming
> through as 'asterisk' which I assume is the default if nothing is present. So
> does anyone have any idea on how to get caller ID info passed over from the
> incoming calls on the FXO lines? Or even how to find out if the caller ID
> info is being sent by the Samsung?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Ronny

Assuming the Samsung is using the standard US method, a butt set across
the output of one of the lines in monitor mode should allow you to hear
the FSK tones between the first and second ring.
Or a cheap CallerID box should display as well.

Also assume you have the Asterisk end set to wait for the signal. there
should be a one ring delay in the response from Asterisk as it waits for
the FSK signal.

John Novack

--

Dog is my Co-pilot