Thanks...

        -----Original Message-----
        From: mattf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Fri 1/30/2004 5:16 PM
        To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
        Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Call quality questions

        Hello,

        Did you set the flag in the makefile for zaptel for SMP kernels?

        Yes, we are using the SMP settings

        1. I have a couple Snom200 phones on my system running redhat with a P4 HT
        and haven't had any issues with horrible sound quality using 711ulaw.

        Have tried everything - alaw, ulaw, gsm - currently using gsm

        2. As for the speakerphone cutout, that's to be expected, The snom200s are
        just half-duplex speakerphones. If you want a good speakerphone get a
        Polycom.

        wish I'd known that before I recommended we buy 12 of them :-( :-)

        3. If you have silence suppression turned on anywhere I would turn it off.
        We had the same problem with our Sipura adapters until we turned off the
        silence supression. You could also mess with the level of echo supression
        and see if that makes a difference.

        this I need to look into

        4. do you have your T1 set in zaptel.conf to be the primary timing source
        for your card?

        yes

        Hope that helps,

        MATT---