@ William Stillwell : I run Asterisk 1.6.2.10 with Dahdi 2.4.0 (as timing source). Time on my server seems very consistent. When doing /usr/sbin/ntpdate (once a month) there is a very very small offset.

Kind regards,
Jonas.

On 11/24/2010 06:22 PM, William Stillwell (Lists) wrote:

I know there was a patch for dahdi to fix server lockups on time shift. (not sure what version, but if you changed the time, the server would just go crash.)

Do you have the latest version ?

Check your ntpd settings to make sure your time isn't bouncing all over the place.

William Stillwell

*From:* asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-boun...@lists.digium.com] *On Behalf Of *Jonas Kellens
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:44 AM
*To:* Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
*Subject:* [asterisk-users] kernel: dahdi: Detected time shift.

Hello list,

I'm experiencing a lot of server freezes lately. The server just... freezes.

I notice in the log files (/var/log/asterisk/messages & /var/log/messages) that logging stops at the time the server hangs. Logging continues when the server has been restarted (which is the only solution).

So it is not a proces that hangs, it's the entire server (CentOS5.5 + Asterisk + MySQL).

I really have no idea what can be causing these sudden freezes. Memory stays mostly at 250MB of 512 MB total, CPU is 97% to 100% idle...

/var/log/asterisk/debug tells me nothing, no lines that indicate something strange before the freeze (debug level 9).

I have no core.pid file in /tmp, when I look after rebooting the server.

The only thing I have is a high level of mentionning of "kernel: dahdi: Detected time shift." in /var/log/messages.

What is causing this kernel message ? Could this be the cause of the server freeze ?

Thank you for every feedback you can give me.

Kind regards,
Jonas.