From: Steven Critchfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] compile error (still having problems)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 11:19:52 -0600

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 11:09, jjj3 jjj3 wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> I'm still having problems trying to get Asterisk compiled but when compiling
> res_crypto.c, I get this error:

> gcc -shared -Xlinker -x -o res_crypto.so res_crypto.o -lssl -lcrypto > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lssl

> My ld.so.conf seems to be ok: > /usr/include/openssl/

You have so much to learn. A quick look at the gcc man page says that -l is a library to be linked against. Libraries are not held in include directories. Go find out if you have libssl.so on you machine. Then beat your head into the nearest manual greater than 5 pounds till you have absorbed the details that help you understand simple concise error messages. -- Steven Critchfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>