On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 04:06:52 -0600, Sherwood McGowan
<sherwood.mcgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
ok,  first of all, it can take a little while for those spooled callfiles to
be executed in Asterisk...

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Gilles wrote:

Thanks for your help. The same callfile works fine in Ubuntu, but not
at that appliance. Since I can dial through the FXO, it doesn't seem
to be a Zaptel issue either. I'll investigate further, and find a
work-around if the appliance just doesn't support this feature for
some reason.

Like maybe pbx_spool.so not being loaded?

Bump up the logging in logger.conf, verbose and debugging in the CLI and see if you can get any clues.

Another useful exercise is to start Asterisk like:

        script startup-log
        sudo /usr/sbin/asterisk -d -d -d -n -v -v -v
        exit

and then read every line of startup-log.

--
Thanks in advance,
Steve Edwards       sedwa...@sedwards.com      Voice: +1-760-468-3867 PST