On 02/17/2011 12:27 PM, Mike wrote:
Hi,

Is there ANY way for me to see the status of the Polycom DND buttons in
the Asterisk hints? I`m using the BLF buttons to see the status of other
people`s lines, and DND should logically be somehow reflected (I don`t
care as much about Polycom showing the BLF button as DND, but I do care
about Asterisk hints showing it in the CLI).

Right now, a Polycom phone on DND shows up as being idle. Which is it,
but it doesn’t help reception say “Sorry he`s not available right now”.

I don’t mind paying a reasonable bounty for it, or working closely with
anyone to make this feature available, but I`ve been asked this by many
customers in the past and it’s starting to be one of those “why the heck
not” question.

I've not seen anyone write the code to support this yet for Asterisk; it would require responding to PUBLISH messages from the Polycom phone (which it can optionally generate for DND being enabled and disabled).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kflem...@digium.com