> This strikes me as something that should be really very simple to do, but I
> can't figure it out.
>
> Is there a way of logging all SIP debuging info to a file somewhere?
>
> It would help me greatly!

Might take a look at /etc/asterisk/logger.conf file to see if that's what
you're looking for. Seems to me I added the debug level some time ago to
diagnose a specific problem,  and the /var/log/asterisk/debug log file
grew large very quickly and included a ton of detail.

; Logging Configuration
;
[logfiles]
;
; Format is "filename" and then "levels" of debugging to be included:
;    debug
;    notice
;    warning
;    error
;
; Special filename "console" represents the system console
;
; debug => debug
console => notice,warning,error
messages => notice,warning,error